Hold the Beef has moved!

You should be automatically redirected.

If not, please visit http://www.holdthebeef.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

FYI, I'm OTT


Woo, another excuse to cry 'Hot dog, I'm a weiner'! Kath from A cupcake or two was kind enough to pass on her "Over the Top!" blog award to me which I gratefully and happily accept, noting with relief that it's not an "Ova the Top!" or "Over tha Topp!" blog award, reminiscent of the "Kreativ Blogger" award that the lovely Rilsta of My Food Trail passed onto me a few months back.

Thanks very much Kath, I'm so glad that you have enjoyed my last 7 or so months of eating and writing. I would have stopped doing this (blogging, I mean... I'll never stop eating... they'll have to cremate me when I die lest I eat the earth away from my grave) a long time ago if it weren't' for people like yourself who inspire me with your blogs, and take the time to comment on mine. For those of you who aren't familiar with A cupcake or two, please go check it out, especially if you're at all curious about Filipino cuisine (or just tasty food in general).

In accepting this award, I must pass it on to another 6 of my favourite bloggers, and also provide one-word answers to the following questions. Here goes...

Where is your cell phone? Charging
Your hair? Confusing
Your mother? Lovely
Your father? Funny
Your favourite food? Ummmm
Your dream last night? Blank
I have to pause here and share a story... apparently my housemate's Mum has been having a recurring dream lately, where she finds herself trapped inside a giant pavlova. Yes, a giant pavlova.
Your favourite drink? Champagne
Your dream/goal? Success
What room are you in? Mezzanine
Your hobby? Food
Your fear? Spiders
Where do you want to be in 6 years? Happy
Where were you last night? Pub
Something that you aren’t? Anorexic
Muffins? Rarely
Wish list item? House
Where did you grow up? Geraldton
Last thing you did? Beer
What are you wearing? Jeans
Your TV? Borrowed
Your pets? Smasher
Friends? Joy
Your life? Busy!
Your mood? Happy
Missing someone? Family
Vehicle? Dirty
Something you’re not wearing? Diamonds
Your favourite store? Fluevog
Your favourite color? Purple
When was the last time you laughed? Today
Last time you cried? Monday
Your best friend? Sister
One place that I go to over and over? Toilet
One person who emails me regularly? Sister
Favourite place to eat? Everywhere


Now for the hard part... selecting only 6 fellow bloggers to pass this award onto. I love all my Google Reader children, each one is special in its own way. Can't we be more Montessori about this? As I can't give everyone a sticker, here are 6 of my favourites, in no apparent order:

Iron Chef Shellie
Ooh, Look...
My Food Trail
The Gourmet Challenge
Eat, live, travel, write
Cheap Ethnic Eatz

Keep up the fine work, girls. May Santa bring you all KitchenAids, perfect lighting and extra dessert stomachs.

Other blogs I love to procrastinate with are shown over here somewhere =====>>> on my foodie blogroll... they're well worth the messy house, dirty car and unwritten papers. In the words of that fine Aussie Jeff Fenech, I love youse all.

14 comments:

Rita (mademoiselle délicieuse) November 21, 2009 at 8:54 PM  

Oh to dream of being stuck in a giant pavlova! Wonder what the meaning of this would be...

And congrats on the award too - great work!

Mardi Michels November 21, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

Awwwww - thanks soooo much!!!! I loved reading your responses - we share a few of them, actually! Santa actually already bought me a Kitchen Aid last week (in cornflower blue - wheeeee!) and he's bringing me some culinary adventures in Paris for Xmas so I am a happy camper. He could also bring me a DSLR though (t'is the season to be greedy and all!!!)

Loved your Montessori reference but you know you're not allowed to give stickers there, right? (4 years of teaching French to 3 year olds under my belt over here...). But that's ok because I love youse anyway!!!!!

Conor @ HoldtheBeef November 21, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

mademoiselle délicieuse - I think the only possible course of action would be to eat your way out, however long it took. Thank you! :D

Mardi - you're welcome my dear! :D Ooh yes that's right, I think I read about your lovely addition in a comment on Lorraine's blog? Maybe? Who needs facebook to stalk people when there are blog comments? hehe. Oh yes I forgot about your upcoming Paris trip, you lucky duck! Oh man, I can't believe they can't get stickers, I think the only reason I did well in primary school was the desire for stickers. Scratch and Sniff were the ultimate prize!!

Anita November 22, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

I hope Santa does come bearing those gifts! That would be much appreciated :) Congrats on the award

Iron Chef Shellie November 22, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

Awwww thanks hun!
I hope Santa brings us all of those things too!!!!
x

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella November 22, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

Congratulations on your award! May you get all of those things too! :)

Betty @ The Hungry Girl November 22, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

Congrats! Hehe. Trapped inside a giant pavlova?! I guess, you could aways eat your way out! KEep up the great work, your blog never ceases to make me laugh! :)

Andrea@WellnessNotes November 23, 2009 at 6:41 AM  

Congrats on the awards. And it's always fun to learn a bit more about bloggers... :)

Evelyne@cheapethniceatz.com November 23, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

Awesome for your nomination and thank you so much for picking me!!!!! What an honor. As soon as I go back online (grr going on 6 days) I will post it up with my answers!

Conor @ HoldtheBeef November 23, 2009 at 8:39 PM  

Anita - well, it will only happen if they have been good girls! Thank you :)

Iron Chef Shellie - you're welcome! :D

Lorraine - thanks :) I'm not holding my breath, but I can dream!

Betty - Thank you! Eating your way out would surely be the only option, hehe. Thanks very much :)

Andrea - Thanks! I agree, it's nice to have a little insight into these people you read so much about.

Evelyne - you're welcome!! How annoying about your server, looking forward to your triumphant return :D

Maria@TheGourmetChallenge November 30, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

Oh thanks for the award!!! I feel so honoured, and not to mention all the happy wishes you've sent our way! I already have a kitchenAid, but I could always use another one! One needs a Kitchen Aid in every room! lol. The extra stomach I would love though!!

A cupcake or two November 30, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

Conor I love what you did with the pearl cous cous. It is so delicious.

Conor @ HoldtheBeef November 30, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

Maria - you're very welcome!! I couldn't agree more. You never know when you'll need a KitchenAid in the toilet. Although, if you happen to fill up all the rooms in your house, and have any leftover, feeel free to send one my way ;)

A cupcake or two - thank you! I could go a serving right now :)

Rilsta @ My Food Trail December 3, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

Thanks so much for the award! :) I'm very touched that with so many of the people on your reader, you chose me! :)

Great work on your blog. I always love reading your funny stories!

Recent Posts

About Me

My love of cooking is surpassed only by my love of eating, though I never quite recovered from the beef I was served at college. I'll try almost anything once, but it takes a very special piece of offal or beef to get me to try it again.

Read more about me here...

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP